- Learn to utilize built-in PHP functions to build calendar tools.
- Learn how jQuery can be used for AJAX, animation, client-side validation, and more.
What you’ll learn
- Use PHP to build a calendar application that allows users to post, view, edit, and delete events.
- Use jQuery to allow the calendar app to be viewed and edited without requiring page refreshes using built-in AJAX functions.
- Learn the power and versatility of PHP’s object-oriented programming style.
- Learn the various forms of security available and how to best apply them.
- Learn jQuery plug-in development patterns and create modular, reusable jQuery plug-ins.
- Learn the basics of jQuery effects, including fading elements, generating HTML markup on the fly, and creating modal windows.
Who this book is for
This book is intended for programmers who want to bridge the gap between front- and back-end programming. It does not cover HTML or CSS except where absolutely necessary, and it focuses on taking intermediate PHP developers to the next level while getting comfortable with AJAX and the power of jQuery.