Certain technologies bring out everyone’s hidden geek, and the iPhone did so instantly upon its release. Thousands of programmers want to provide applications on the iPhone, and this book shows you how to achieve the spectacular effects that made the device an immediate hit. You’ll learn how to use an open, community-developed toolkit that has been widely downloaded and used. Author Jonathan Zdziarski, the developer of the first fully functional application using the open iPhone toolkit, now explains in clear language how to create applications using Objective-C and the iPhone API, which in some ways resembles Apple’s desktop API and in some ways strikes new ground.
iPhone Open Application Development covers:
* Installation of the toolkits
* Background on the operating system and Objective-C
* Detailed recipes and working examples for everyone’s favorite iPhone feature
* Graphics and audio programming
* The CoreImage and CoreSurfaces interfaces for games programming
* Interfacing with iTunes
* The use of sensors
Any programmer, using this book, can provide applications that impress users just as much as the official iPhone utilities.