This cookbook shares the most powerful, impressive, and just plain handy jQuery secrets for ASP.NET developers. From substitute server-side code to corresponding client script, it shows ASP.NET developers how to get the most from jQuery in a simple, effective, and easy manner.
The cookbook takes a pragmatic approach in applying the jQuery library to ASP.NET applications. It will help you to master the use of jQuery with ASP.NET by taking you step-by-step through hands-on, practical recipes. With its help, you can learn to manipulate various ASP.NET controls like TextBox, CheckBoxList, DropDownList, BulletedList, Hyperlink, Image, and GridView as well as custom user controls. The book teaches client validation techniques thus providing a substitute for the server-side Validation Control. It explores various graphic and animation effects that can be accomplished very easily with the library to give a better interactive experience to the end user. It explores AJAX in depth and describes the use of Firebug to view / troubleshoot the corresponding request / response dialog. You will also learn to develop rich content using client scripting.
A practical, hands-on guide for exploiting the power of jQuery in ASP.NET applications
What you will learn from this book :
– Learn to use jQuery’s formidable power with ASP.NET controls
– Implement impressive animations using client script
– Explore interesting graphic applications using the Image control
– Interface jQuery with the GridView control
– Develop feature-rich and responsive AJAX-enabled ASP.NET applications
– Use Firebug to work with AJAX request / response dialogs
– Post AJAX requests to page methods, web services, and HTTP Handlers
– Use various jQuery plugins to enhance your web applications
– Build simple and effective applications using client templating
– Develop rich web content using client scripting
Written in a cookbook style, this book offers solutions using a recipe-based approach. Each recipe contains step-by-step instructions followed by an analysis of what was done in each task and other useful information. The cookbook approach means you can dive into whatever recipes you want in no particular order.
Who this book is written for
This book is for ASP.NET developers who want to learn ASP.NET and jQuery integration. The book assumes you have prior experience of developing web applications using ASP.NET, C#, Visual Studio, and jQuery. As this book targets readers of various experience levels, you will find useful recipes regardless of your skill level.