Part of Microsofts radical new WinFX API is the Indigo foundation, more formally known as the Windows Communication Foundation, or WCF. Pro WCF: Practical Microsoft SOA Implementation is a complete guide to WCF from the SOA architecture perspective and shows you why WCF is important to web service development and architecture.
The book covers the unified programming model, reliable messaging, security, the peer-to-peer programming model, and more. Youll also learn how to move your current DCOM and .NET remoting applications to WCF, and how to integrate those applications with new WCF-based applications. Youll want to get ahold of a copy because it
- Contains a comprehensive WCF programming model
- Explains how queue management and reliable messaging work in WCF
- Discusses implementing transaction support in WCF
- Shows how to make WCF services interoperable with other SOA offerings
- Thoroughly covers WCF security topics and concerns